17 Top Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is fast becoming my favorite oil to cook with! I found a book, The Coconut Oil Miracle by Bruce Fife, ND and was intrigued by the title (as everything in the natural healing realm interests me and miracles of course are always exciting)! What I learned is that once again, I had been misled by marketing gurus. How many of you have also heard the horrible health effects of tropical oils like coconut and palm oil? Might want to check it out further.
In his book The Coconut Oil Miracle the author presents the newest research that supports many beneficial properties of this oil. He clarifies the myths and outlines the benefits as follows.
- Does NOT increase blood cholesterol levels
- Does NOT contribute to weight problems
- Reduces risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease
- Reduces risk of cancer and other degenerative conditions
- Helps to heal wounds and reduce acne
- Aids in the control of diabetes
- Reduces inflammation and immune response caused by allergies
- Kills certain bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeast, and other disease causing germs
- Supports immune system function
- Promotes beautiful skin by protecting against free radical damage witch causes premature aging and wrinkling of the skin
- Is heat resistant and is therefore one of the healthiest oils for cooking
- Is easily digested by anyone with ulcers and other stomach and intestinal problems
- Supplies fewer calories than other fats
- Supports healthy metabolic function
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Functions as a protective antioxidant
Read also: How to Improve the Quality of Your Life
Coconut oil has been called “the healthiest dietary oil on earth”. It is a stable oil ideal for cooking and baking at high temperatures. It is an excellent replacement for hydrogenated vegetable oils that contain harmful trans fats.
If you are not using it daily in your kitchen you are missing out on one of the nature’s most amazing health foods. It tastes great too!