Statistics of Soft Drink Consumption!
In this article it states that Americans consume close to 50 BILLION LITERS of soda per year! That is almost more than I can comprehend. The sugar amount is staggering and we wonder why obesity is a problem? That figures out to be 57 gallons per person and someone is getting more than that because I don’t drink ANY!
Look at these statistics he listed:
- 9.6 Billion cases of soft drinks sold in 2008
- 1 Billion coke products are consumed everyday
- 10,450 coca cola soft drinks consumed every second
- 21% of all the sugar consumed in the American diet comes from soft drinks
- drinking 2 soft drinks per week increases your risk of pancreatic cancer 87%
- drinking 1 soft drink per day increase your risk of metabolic syndrome 44%
- drinking 1 soda per day increases a childs risk of becoming obese 60%
- drinking 2 soft drinks per day increases your risk of gout 85%
- the soft drink industry makes 50 billion dollars a year
- one can of coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar
Evidently, high fructose corn syrup, in the form of soda, has become the number onesource of calories in the United States, and it is very clear that it is the primary cause of the obesity epidemic.
There was a study that linked soda consumption and childhood obesity. Why does this not surprise me? Just in case you think that diet soda is better..think again. You are just downing another type of poison with artificial sweeteners. Diet soda is clearly linked to obesity also, just works through different mechanisms.
If you are drinking soda of any kind, you are sabotaging your health and cutting years off your lifespan. Your body is yearning for pure, refreshing water!
Here’s the link for the rest of the article.