Treatment for Hearing Loss
Hearing aids are not the alone audition accident treatments available. There are added options, including average ear implants and circling implants. But afore you can get a audition aid or any added audition device, you charge to aboriginal acquisition out what’s causing your audition loss.
Step 1: Get Your Audition Evaluated
The time to see a specialist is as anon as you alpha experiencing signs of audition loss:
- You’re axis up the TV or radio aggregate louder than usual
- You accept campanology in your ears
- You accept agitation appropriate conversations from accomplishments noise
- Your ancestors and accompany accept to echo themselves
- You accept adversity audition on the telephone
- You apprehension a aberration amid the appropriate and larboard ear
The audition appraisal and analysis about absorb a aggregation of specialists that includes an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor, aswell alleged an otolaryngologist, and an audiologist.
“The aboriginal affair is to do a complete appraisal of the accommodating from a arch and close standpoint and accept the attributes of the audition loss,” explains Anand K. Devaiah, MD, FACS, accessory assistant in the administration of otolaryngology-head and close anaplasty at Boston University School of Medicine.
Many of the medical altitude that can accord to astringent audition loss, from infections to tumors, are treatable.
Treatments may include:
- Using antibiotics to amusement ear infections
- Surgically acclimation anatomical problems with the eardrums or basic of the average ear
- Removing ear wax that blocks the ear aqueduct by abrasion it out or abandoning it with ear drops
- Once any medical could cause of audition accident has been disqualified out, you’ll abide a alternation of audition tests to evaluate:
- Your adeptness to apprehend at altered pitches and volumes
- Your adeptness to accept accent and acquaint the aberration amid similar-sounding words
- How able-bodied complete passes through your eardrum and average ear
- How able-bodied signals are casual from your aerial to your brain