Link aadhaar with PAN, Bank and Phone number
Link Aadhaar with PAN
Deadline: Dec 31, 2017
Linking Aadhaar-PAN is mandatory for processing of income tax returns (ITRs) for assessment year 2017-18. While earlier the deadline was August 31, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extended the last date to December 31, 2017 for easy compliance by taxpayers. You can link the PAN to Aadhaar without login to the income tax filing website.
Click here user will navigate to website, enter the details and click Link Aadhaar button.
Mobile number to Aadhaar for the first time:
This needs to be done offline. Most online transactions are OTP (one-time-password) authenticated i.e. the OTP is sent to the registered mobile number. Obviously, online authentication is not possible as you are linking your number for the first time. To do this offline you need to follow these steps:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar centre to get the Update/Correction Form or download it from the UIDAI website. ( Click here to download the form).
- Fill out the form correctly; submit it to the concerned person at the centre and mention on the form that only mobile number is to be updated.
- While submitting the update form, along with photocopy of your Aadhaar card you also need to provide photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card ( Click here for the complete list of supporting documents).
- Following the submission your biometrics will be verified at the enrolment centre. Your thumb impression will be verified. While applying for Aadhaar your biometrics were recorded and to authenticate the changes, they are verified.
- After verifying the biometrics, you will be given an acknowledgement slip. Usually it takes 2-5 working days for the updation to happen but as per the UIDAI helpline the turnaround time for the updation is 10 days.
Aadhaar with bank accounts
A customer can update in just 3 simple steps:
- Log in to Net Banking and click on “View/Update Aadhaar Details” from the Request section of Accounts tab in in NetBanking.
- Enter your Aadhaar Number, and Confirm the Account Number to link it with.
- Confirm the same. The Aadhar number will be updated within 4 working days, after verification with the Authorities.
- The customer can login again after 4 days to check your updated Aadhaar details.
State Bank of India (SBI)
- Net banking users can login to www.onlinesbi.com and access the link “Link Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts”, appearing on the left panel of the screen.
- On clicking the link, the customer will be directed to a screen to select the Account number, input the Aadhar number and click on Submit.
- A customer needs to register the mobile number with the bank to avail this option.
- Once this is done, send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID (space) Aadhaar number (space)Account number.
- If you wish to link Aadhaar to your bank accounts, a customer can visit any SBI branch with a copy of his/her Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar At the branch, a Letter of Request will be obtained from customer along with the Xerox copy of Aadhaar letter.
Follow the steps in link https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/steps-to-update-aadhaar.page
- Insert Axis Bank Debit card in the ATM and click on Registration. Then enter the PIN and click on link Aadhaar No.
- Then select Account and Update. It asks for Aadhaar No.
- Type your Aadhar number and re-enter confirm it.
A customer can now login using Internet banking credentials, click on the “Aadhaar Seeding” link for registration
- Using Phone Banking Center (PBC):
- A customer can call on PBC toll free number
- Then authenticate on IVR using Debit card/Customer ID
- Press ‘4’ to link your Aadhaar Number and press ‘1’ to confirm.
SMS Aadhaar <Aadhaar No.>AC <last 6 digits of A/C no.> to 5676782
Aadhaar with PAN through just an SMS
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 in following format:
Social security Schemes:
Deadline: Dec 31, 2017
In order to correctly identify various beneficiaries of its social security schemes, government moved ahead with making Aadhaar declaration mandatory for welfare schemes like pension, scholarships etc. Lately, the government extended the September 30 deadline by three months.